13 February, 2007

Introduction

It seems that nowadays everyone has a blog. Even me. Welcome to my place to sound off on whatever happens to be bugging, cheering, puzzling, or intriguing me. The title here is 'borrowed' from the title of a book by one of my spiritual forebears, C.S. Lewis. It was the title of the story of his conversion from atheism to orthodox Christianity. He was suprised by joy when he discovered the person of Jesus at the center of history and enthroned in his life. I hope that we can find some of that same joy expressed here.

Although I'm a Bishop of the Church, I don't claim to have all the answers to all of life's great mysteries and questions. I believe that Christ ultimately does, though. As the Scripture says, "in Him we live and move and have our being." Your comments, insights, questions, hopes, fears, and joys will always be welcome here. Perhaps together we can find some of the answers we don't yet have.

Pax Dei tecum!

No comments: